Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sophie........who is she?

About five months ago, one morning about 8.15 am, Abu (not real name) came with a lady (sophie) to make a presentation. I was busy and was preparing myself for the 9 o'clock meeting. So didnt pay much attention, moreover they just came without any appointment. I know Abu so i had to just to what sophie had to present. I half-heartedly listened to what she had to present. But that evening, when i was abit free, i just flipped through to see what the proposal si all about. Sophie apparently is heading an NGO group called Kakiseni and they propose to do an out reach program consisting of theatres, shot plays, music, dances, poem readings, paintings and photo exhibitions and so on in conjuction with the 100 Years Women Day celebration. They do these programs in open public space or restaurants. Its free for public. It sounds fantastic and meets my quest to reach the public and change their mindset. We can use arts and performance to reach the grass root and tell them the good things about life and be a good and responsible citizen. Immediately, i texted a message to my friend Dr Noorul Sec Gen of Min Of women about this proposal. She was in US at that time bit she replied would like to know more about the proposal. I told her we can call sophie to make a presentation.

To cut the long story shot, we agreed to provide the allocation requested and seek the commitment from Sophie and geng. The minister sharizat agreed to officiate the launching of this program which runs for more than 50 days. I went for the closing ceremony at Pavilion on 5/5/2011. The closing was with a photo exhibition session. Personally, i felt that sophie more than succeeded in what she had originally proposed. Thumbs up for her.

To celebrate sophie belanja me makan at Garibaldi an italian restaurant. nice ambience and good food. I made appointment to meet sophie at 7.30 pm but due traffic jam she came at close to 8pm. But as usual without realiizing hows fast time pastby we left the restaurant past midnight.

While talking to sophie, i discover her to be very independent, confident, open, friendly, versatile and so on and on. I can keep on tell nice things about her. she is married with 3 kids. we need more of these kind of individuals both men and women in malaysia to carried out effective programs on voluntary basis to reach out to the masses.

Congrats and respect u...Sophie

1 comment:

DiksiChick said...

Patutla I nampak gambar Dr dalam paper with all those women. You were the only guy masa tu kan?