Thursday, June 9, 2011

whatever others say, u know better......

I didnt write for quite sometimes nad have been bz with work. Start work at 8.30 am and sometimes go home at 12 am. People say private sector staff work hard and late hours. Its true in the 60s and 70s but not in the 20th century. Public sector staff too work late hours and sometimes even much more and later than the private sector. However, in terms of pay, it doesnt change much. Public sector earn much less than the private sector employees.

I have too many official meetings to attend. I cannot mention the detail of those meetings but enough to say important meetings chaired by important ppl. so i have only evenings and nights to arrange for my own internal meetings. Sometimes private sector companies grumble why this guy conduct meetings at night. Inefficient and unproductive are among some of the comments. But they dont know my constraints. They will say night time ppl are tired already and cant concentrate. May be its true in their case but as for me i'm as fresh as when we start meeting early morning.

Currently, my junior officers in Tax Division are doing their individual presentations. I have done this with economic and finance divisions. later I will do the same with Budget division. Officers may think this is another wasting things to do. for me this has great impact. He enhances skill, knowledge, improves English proficiency and builds up the confidence level of individuals. I hope these officers look at things differently. Later, i intend to conduct Blue Ocean Strategy presentations by these four divisions.

1 comment:

DiksiChick said...

Waited for Agenda Awani yesterday to watch your talk on Budget2012 Dr sir. So did you get to say Hi to the gorgeous Agent Nora?? hehe