I dont simply go around and hate people. I write things that i encounter and feel that changes need to done. What I write in the blog is for the benefit of others and mine too. I write becoz i want other people to learn things and in the course I learn things too. I dont keep hatred feelings towards others, even though they hate me. I tell what i feel is right for my officers, the rakyat and most importantly, the nation. During yesterday's presentation I told whatever i feel is right to the PM and he listens. I listen to others too, if what they say is sensible and rational to that particular situation.
Its disheartening to see the mentality of young officers today. Saying things so easily without thinking. Self-centred and not nation first. No commitment and take things easy.
Some like to take emergency leaves,on top the normal leaves. It has become habitual. The quality of work produce by some officers are deteriorating. Some are not fit to be promoted but they hold higher positions, in fact, their juniors are much better. I dont know how some went to the university and got their degrees. This is not belittling others, but seriously want others to buck-up and go for a change - paradigm shift in their thinking and actions.
I'm lucky that i have good senior officers surrounding me. Though, I said they are difficult to change but they are the officers who are committed and produce quality output. Without them BEA will be crippled. The young officers in the category of KEs and PEs have to improve and learn fast since you all are promoted fast. You can take your own sweet time and go for gradual change but you wont have enough time to learn from your senior officers.
I'm trying hard to bring the new thinking into your mind from my mind.
3 comments:
Thank you. I will take that as a challenge to myself. But i dont quite agree when you say all young officers are self centred and not nation first. From the first day till today, im trying my best to serve the nation, trying to accomodate bosses so that information could be produced as fast as possible. And i believe there are a lot others like me.
After going through the articles you wrote about your officers, one would think that you are easily frustrated. Could it be that you have too high of a standard or you are not communicating effectively of your desires and expectations? I believe that organisation is like a human body. If one part shows ailing symptom, perhaps you should take time to treat it or in the case of your officers, more training is needed. I'm sure your mentor/ predecessor must have took time to train you too.
Sillytoe, maybe i generalize too much but most young officers are self-centred. Only a handful are not. Anonymous u didnt read my blog carefully. I know it takes time to train and change ppl but I dont have the luxury of time. Malaysia need to change fast, 2020 by the corner. I do communicate with my officers, they know what kind a person I am. Even you know me I guess. So dont tell me about my mentor or what...I dont have any. Its learning by myself and seeing others who are successful and dynamic as to how they made it.
Post a Comment