Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Trip to Hong Kong

I went to Hong Kong (hk) from 3 to 7 October with my family. Really enjoyed the trip. The transportation system is superb. You can use taxis, subway trains or buses.The cheapest mode is buses and they are efficient. The buses arrive on time as per schedule and no traffic jams. The MRT were superb too. There are no motorcycles on the road except for the high cc bikes like Harley Davidson.
The city is safe place to walk midnight and do our shopping or sight seeing activities. Every one hundred metres or so there are closed-circuit cameras on the side of the road and police men are present in all places.
Though some Chinese do speak little english, generally in most shopping malls and travel spots the staff speak reasonably good english.
My wife, daughter and son really enjoyed the trip visiting beautiful tourists spots including the stanley market, temple street (same as KL's Petaling street), disney land, victoria peak and lots of other places. They enjoyed the most - guess what? Shopping of course, cos they have the banker with them. They bought handbags, t-shirts, shoes, souvenir and bla..bla... yeah forgot perfumes too. I didnt buy anything on this trip. I told them dont worry about me. I travel alot and i can buy in other countries when i do travel later.

I think that's for now...

2 comments:

Al Hadi said...

i wonder when msian public transportation is gonna be like that?

Anonymous said...

well, that's up to us isn't it? =)