Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chicken chicken chicken

Please read the comments on my entry on `Are you on half day today?' This guy uses anonymous and comments my blog. A real chicken fellow. I know he is my officer works under me but pretend to be somebody else. The english he writes is exactly like when he speaks. HE THINKS I DONT KNOW HIM. But the point here is - how shallow the thinking of young officers. I'm not generalizing that all young officers falls under this category. I know preety well in my organization who works and who dont like to work and who spends time sleeping or sitting at the canteen with friends even during working hours. This kind of officers have the guts to write in my blog commenting about my way of thinking. You know there a few officers in my organization who spend almost half a day at the hospital without even taking leave. There are officers who are fond of taking urgent or medical leave, when they feel like not coming to work. How do you categorize this kind of officers. When I say sarcasm joke, I don't know wheteher this particular officer understands what sarcasm joke means.

He is telling in an efficient organization people only work for 8 hours. Is this true? That's why the government service is in a mess because we have many of this kind of officers. This kind of officers join public service with the aim to come and relax. They think public service today is like public service 20 or 30 years ago. That's why we have many who wants to join PTD even at the expense of leaving good jobs in the private sector with the intention to come and relax in the public sector. MIND YOU OFFICERS WITH THIS KIND OF THINKING AND ATTITUDE - YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE IN THE CIVIL SERVICE. The more officers we have with this kind of thinking and perception, the civil service is going to further deteriorate. They often postpone urgent work at the expense of their own interest.

Another thing, he was telling that I follow my frens opinion and I dont have my own opinion. What's wrong in following others opinion. After all most theories are developed by others and we are following them. Does that means that all the economist and planners are stupid because they follow the opinions and theories of others. How childish the comments are and its shows the level of thinking of these officers. Can you call these officers execellent? These kind of officers will be getting promotions and awards? Mind you, if these ooficers were to become bosses in the future, I wonder how the organization is going to function? and what will happen to the nation?

THINK BEFORE YOU COMMENT - TERLAJAK PERAHU BOLEH DIUNDUR TERLAJAK KATA BURUK PADAHNYA.

10 comments:

sillytoe said...

i don't like anonymous comments too. we shouldn't be afraid of our own opinions.

on the contrary, whoever this person is, he or she may have a point. doesn't mean that if an officer were to go home early or on time, this person is not efficient. and doesn't mean too, whoever left the office the latest, are that great in work.

of course, before you leave work, it is best to ensure that nothing else is pending. i can understand where ceteris paribus comes from, because he feels right now there are too many things to do and every little helps. it is very annoying when there is so much to do and you see your teammates left without having the slightest clue of the pending tasks, and without explaining why he or she needs to go home.

BUT.

i also think that as a leader of any organisation, we should also see things differently and not just from our point of view. those remarks that we make to our officers are sometimes unnecessary and it hurts, especially when we do not know the reasons. i don't see why you have to be sarcastic and say things like, "are you on a half day today?" when you see a person leaving the office right on time. yes, i get it. it's sarcastic.

but totally unnecessary.
you may be home late because you have more responsibilities at work (that's why you are where you are) and your priorities are different from others. your children have all grown up, your wife has her own car and pretty much you have nothing else to worry about at home, while others... some may about to start a family, have parents to take care of etc.

so i reckon, both you and this anonymous person should stop being childish and actually do some work.

Am I Chicken? said...

Good and Fair comment

ceteris paribus said...

both of you dont need to be the referee and trying to nice and good. I even know who both of u too. U see.... u dont have to use nikcnames but i know both of u. I'm open to anyboby's comment. I listen to others but most of the time i dont get good comments or ideas from my officers. Their thinking is somewhat in the old school of thoughts and the young ones just take things for granted and dont have the passion for what ever work they do. When you r not passionate, you do things half heartedly and just for the sake of your bosses requirement.

The other thing u must be brave and face the person when u want to make any comments. And not comment and then hiding. Like the malay proverb,throwing stones and hiding your hand.

I love to hear different ideas... I reward my execellent officers. There many bright and potential young officers whom i believe i will coach them to be top leaders in the future.

You see i have my own perception of each of my officers. I know their character and the commiments.

i think i should stop now. Anyway thanks for the comment. Sillytoe dont see u around these days??
A I Chicken....you always try be perfect in your work but life is not perfect.

sillytoe said...

i agree with you when it comes to anonymous comments. and i agree with you about the fact that everybody should have passion in what they do.

but that does not mean you need to impose on whatever that you believe in, on other people. and by calling people names like chicken, chicken, chicken isn't really that matured too. your "counter-attack" to the anonymous comment reflects the sort of person you are and somehow or rather, i think the table has been turned.

i am not trying to be nice and good or even be a referee on this. it is such a waste of time to be discussing this sort of issue during office hours, in meetings, when there is so many things to be done. but since you know who i am, which is good, because i don't intend to be anonymous about it, should you feel you want to discuss this further, i look forward to seeing you.

i am around, just not around you =)

ceteris paribus said...

hahahahahahahahha,

Sillytoe.....i'm an open-minded person. You have every right to your opinion, I respect that. I also feel that what i'm doing is right for everyone although most of you think otherwise including you. But I dont care, time will tell the truth. For you, may be it's waste of time. For me, it's the future of the nation. Nurturing people of the future. If more people thinks like you and anonymous well good luck to you future officers of the Government.

I just said that I don't see u around and I didnt say I want to see you.

sillytoe said...

sir, sir. *geleng-geleng kepala*

i refer to your entry, written on 10 november 2007 with the title: understanding humans.

please click/copy paste the link below to read the entry:

http://cointegrated.blogspot.com/2007/11/understanding-humans.html

"Humans are the kind who will always think they are right. Even if they know that they are wrong, they will try to rationalize that they are right. If something bad happens to them, they either blame others or they will say its not their fault and it just meant to happen. They are good in justifying things.
How many of us look at ourselves? Study about our own character. Understanding our ownself first is the best move in order to understand others. If we ourselves dont know about us, how can we understand others.
The other thing is listen first to others, then make judgement. If you dont wanna listen to others but instead trying to make others understand you, then its difficult to understand both you and the others. Steven Covey says "seek first to understand, then to be understood.""

manusia mudah lupa. perhaps it is best to remind them again and again what they have written before. often, you contradict yourself with your own facts. and often, you would justify things to suit situations.

nevertheless, i admit, you are a smart person. however, i need not to be in your position, with your thinking level, with your principles to do something for my own country/people.

and did i mention or implied anywhere in my previous comment about seeing/meeting you? you are very quick to judge.

i rest my case.

ceteris paribus said...

Sillytoe ...ah ha......great argument put forward by you. Excellent way to use one's previous statement to attack one current opinion. You should be a lawyer instead of PTD. But again, you still have longway to go to understand my thinking. In fact i studied all the argument put forward by you and anonymous. I didnt simply brush off but after analysing i still feel that mine makes sense and your's and that person's doesn't. So I still think my reasoning is rite. Sorry, though you rest your case... I still had to reason out, if not ppl mis understand me. They will say i'm contradicting myself. I'm not.

I also didnt say u wanna see me or meeting me.Dont misinterpretate what others trying to say.

open my case to any comments without fear or favor

sillytoe said...

it goes to show that i do read your articles and i do listen/pay attention to you. and sometimes, there are a few (not all though) things that you said, are quite true and i do agree with you.

i take that "you should be a lawyer instead of PTD" as a compliment. in return, i think you should become a politician instead. you may or may not choose this as a compliment.

i may not be as smart as you or at your thinking level (because somehow, you always make a point that your thinking is so different from everybody else that people just don't get you) but at the very least, i think my English is better.

received your articles. will do the necessary.

ceteris paribus said...

emm ok

yupp ur english is better. i just write and don't bother to correct the grammar or spelling mistakes.

Anonymous said...

I think if one spend at least one extra hour working in time of economic crisis (efficiently), he/she will be able to produce information that will be useful by days earlier. If everyone practice this, it will create multiplier effect on the organization, in terms of number of information used for decision making. I think, this will somehow helps the organization to move faster and contributed more in times of crisis.