In a few days time we will have new cabinet members and Najib leading the country. I really hope this is the time for a change. UMNO now, is at its weakest point since its establishment but it is still relevant to Malaysian politics. Only UMNO and Barisan can lead Malaysia to its glory. I sound like a staunch UMNO and Barisan supporter but I'm not. Like I said, i'm a thinker and analyst. But this is reality in Malaysian politics that no other party or coalition government can rule much better compared to UMNO and Barisan. I say so because of 2 reasons:
Firstly, UMNO and Barisan has come a long way in Malaysian politics. They have some good leaders and also young leaders from the Youth and Puteri wings. On the other hand, the oppositions dont have much choice. They may have Anwar, Lim Kit Siang and Nik Aziz, and other than this they don't have good and visionary leaders to lead the country.
Secondly, The coalition among Barisan parties has a long history and the bond is much stronger compared with the marriage of convenience among the Opposition parties. I for that matter, won't be surprised if suddenly they just break away among themselves. All the three parties Keadilan, DAP and PAS have different ideologies and cause for their political ambitions.
For this reasons, I personally feel Barisan is still a better choice. Only that UMNO the leading member of Barisan need to change. UMNO faces double challenge, it is currently at its weakest point and secondly the world economic crisis. UMNO has to change the leadership style and I Think Najib will do that. Bring in more professional and new blood as well as far visionary and creative people into UMNO. Dictatorship or Authoritarian style may have worked during Mahathir's regime but not now. On the other hand, we don't need a leader who listen to too many people like the out-going PM. With need a new breed, with open-mind, courage and strong personality to lead the country. A man who can bring change and bring back glory to Malaysia. I hope and pray... Najib is the Right Guy.
2 comments:
Saya pun bukan ahli UMNO tapi saya sokong kata-kata tuan. Bahawa UMNO adalah parti yg terbaik sebagai pemerintah Malaysia setakat ini. Saya tak pasti jika Malaysia bersedia untuk diterajui parti-parti lain. Entah. Saya tidak mahu membayangkannya.
I do agree. opposition can only rule if you have better opposition party
Post a Comment