Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How to bring people together as a team

Since i have been writing in this blog, I managed to throw my ideas and personal views. Apart from that, other people can comment, agree or disagree with the views and thots put in here. I really don't know how many people read my blog. Whether this is really an interesting site to visit and spend some valuable time reading whatever that is written. I guess some of the visitors or readers are my own officers. Surely, i encourage them to read and give ideas. I don't expect to agree to all the things that i have written here. Coz i may be wrong and they are right. I'm a open-minded person, can take jokes, can receive and accept other people's ideas.

Having said all this, managing human beings is tough. To manage 100 cows is easier that 3 guys/gals. People can't agree with one another is the major thing that i'm facing. Personality clash, differing views and ideas. All this is happening not with me but among themselves. There are guys and gals who are fond of taking unnecessary medical leaves. There are people who often come late to work. These are some discipline problems.

The personality clash is another bigger problem where individuals within the division can't see eye to eye. There are people often argue among themselves clearly indicating the differing views between them. There are also guys (cancerous) spreading things accusing other people of things they didnt do. I know them who they are.

I thot in the 20th century all these are gone. People are matured enough to understand one another. Can exchange views and ideas professionally. Working as a team to solve issues and problems. Success of the division means more than success of individuals.

But I'm wrong. People think of themselves first than the organization. They think they are always right. They are doing the right thing. They are the cleverest person on earth. Wow. I can go on and on. Quoting things happening around me and things that i hear.

But that's enough for now. But readers tell me any brilliant ideas on how to overcome or do away with these issues or cancerous people???

2 comments:

saturday said...

i think the most important thing is appreciate your subordinate....make them think that they belongs to the organisation...make them happy...looking forward to go to work everyday, treat them professionally, understand their personally life as well...my father once said..."kalau nak org lain bekerja untuk kita...penuhi dulu keperluan personal dia...baru dia akan bekerja untuk kita.."

monday said...

i used to be a leader.. and its really challenging..like you said, managing human resources is the toughest.. u treat them good, they'll obey..u treat them bad, they'll throw stone at u..what kind of leader we want to be then.. the successfull of the organization is heavily depends on the leader.. the workers look at how their leaders work and they will followsuit..
hv a nice day!!