Hi guys, quite sometimes I didn't write anything. I have been busy with office work. My colleagues in the office surely will know why. The busiest time of the year. 29 august 2008 will be the D-day, not like the army term D-day but more of a celebration day after months of hard work. I know this blog is read by most my office colleagues and as such, I would to extend my sincere appreciation for the hardwork and cooperation they have shown. I know i have been hard on them at times. People say I'm a tough guy, scolding officers and pushing them to the edge. Some even had complained to others. Even the top bosses say, I'm a bit harsh on the junior officers. I didn't mean to hurt or embrass anyone. Every thing I do is in the best interest of the division and the ministry. I always appreciate those who have given their best in any undertakings.
Sometimes, I had to scold or tell them whatever things they didnt do rightly. However, may be the approach I use is not appropriate or its not the best way how things should be handled. I would like to state here that I have no grudge against anyone. If I am unhappy of things, I will just tell them directly. I don't talk behind people (gossip sikit2 adalah). I would like to be direct and be frank. Of course, some can't accept things being told direct in their face. But i thought this are how things should be done.
On the other hand, may be I need to be more tactful and handle things one to one, rather than telling them openly during meetings or infront of others. My intention was clear that others should learn from one's mistake and try not to repeat the same mistake. But again, if people can't accept things than I have to change my management style.
Having attended the Harvard senior management course, I learned lots of new things including how to handle subordinates. I promise I will try to improve myself and appreciate whatever others do. Of course, if there are things done wrongly, I had to tell them but from now on, on a one to one basis. In the meetings, I will just illustrate mistakes done, in a general manner without quoting who had done those mistakes. I need feedback from all of you reading my blog on this issue. Thanks. Happy Merdeka Day and wish all Muslims - have a fantastic fasting month.
Note: It's easy to manage a hundred cows rather than managing a dozen men.
Sometimes, I had to scold or tell them whatever things they didnt do rightly. However, may be the approach I use is not appropriate or its not the best way how things should be handled. I would like to state here that I have no grudge against anyone. If I am unhappy of things, I will just tell them directly. I don't talk behind people (gossip sikit2 adalah). I would like to be direct and be frank. Of course, some can't accept things being told direct in their face. But i thought this are how things should be done.
On the other hand, may be I need to be more tactful and handle things one to one, rather than telling them openly during meetings or infront of others. My intention was clear that others should learn from one's mistake and try not to repeat the same mistake. But again, if people can't accept things than I have to change my management style.
Having attended the Harvard senior management course, I learned lots of new things including how to handle subordinates. I promise I will try to improve myself and appreciate whatever others do. Of course, if there are things done wrongly, I had to tell them but from now on, on a one to one basis. In the meetings, I will just illustrate mistakes done, in a general manner without quoting who had done those mistakes. I need feedback from all of you reading my blog on this issue. Thanks. Happy Merdeka Day and wish all Muslims - have a fantastic fasting month.
Note: It's easy to manage a hundred cows rather than managing a dozen men.
No comments:
Post a Comment